Our number one priority at Camp Bauercrest is the health and safety of our campers so they are able to enjoy all that we have to offer each summer. With so much activity at Bauercrest from our demanding program, it is important for us to keep our boys fueled for the days ahead and our quality food service program helps deliver delicious meals each and every day.
We’ve overhauled our food service program in recent years to provide quality, delicious meals that our boys can get excited about. The Mess Hall is an exciting place each day and its even better with great meals to eat.
- Waiters At Your Service – Our Mess Hall has Waiters for each of our tables, allowing your child to remain seated with their friends while their Waiter helps refill, request, and support your camper.
- Completely Nut-Free – No nuts? No problem at Bauercrest, as our entire menu is nut-free so those with a nut allergy can enjoy their days worry-free.
- Allergies and Diets – We are able to accommodate all allergies and dietary restrictions, including gluten-free, vegetarian, soy-free, lactose intolerance, and more.
- Kosher-Style – Our meals are all “Kosher Style”, meaning that we follow the basics of Kosher rules (no pork or shellfish, meat and dairy separate, etc) but that the food we provide is not Kosher. If you do keep Kosher, we can provide Kosher meats and others foods for your child, but are restricted by our ability to maintain a true Kosher kitchen.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact camp and we can answer your questions or connect you with our Food Service Manager to help out.
With such an active program with our boys constantly on the go, things happen and we are prepared to handle anything that may come our way.
- The Health Center – Bauercrest has a modern air-conditioned health center, complete with exam room, sick bay with 10 beds, and live-in accommodations for our nurses through the summer.
- A Nurse Is Always Available – There are two nurses always on camp to help with any situation that happens on camp and to be there for your call should you need to speak with them.
- There at Every Meal – The nurses are a true part of our community. They are present at every meal to dispense medication and consult with campers regarding sickness or injury.
- Doctor On Call – We have a relationship with a local doctor should we need to consult him on any matter. We also have an arrangement with an urgent care facility located 10 minutes from camp. If our nurses feel our campers need something more extensive they can provide, we transport them to Med Express in Haverhill for evaluation and treatment.
- Hospital Close By – Bauercrest is located only 10 minutes from Anna Jacques Hospital so service is quick and easy if we need it.
Beyond these services, Bauercrest goes to even greater lengths to ensure that your child is supported from all angles to have a great experience at Bauercrest.
- Accredited by the American Camp Association which regulates certain standards.
- Background checks for all staff on camp, both state and national, CORI and SORI.
- Staff members are continuously evaluated while camp for strong performance
- Staff members are provided with off-season and pre-camp training on a variety of topics, including First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Staff practice scheduled fire, aquatic and emergency skills
- As of 2018, we have instituted a Lifeguard Certification Program for our Counselor Interns (oldest campers) so they can be lifeguards the following summers on staff.