Camp Bauercrest is looking for nurses for the 2020 Summer Season!
Bauercrest is a traditional overnight sports camp for boys located on the beautiful shores of Lake Attitash in Amesbury, MA.
- Massachusetts RN, or LPN
- Camp dates: 6/20/2020 – 8/13/2020
- Be able to practice in the State of Massachusetts
- Pediatric or camp experience preferred
- Ability to manage health forms and paperwork
- Enjoy working with kids aged 8 -16 years
- Hard-working, enthusiastic and committed to the safety and well-being of campers
- Adaptable and comfortable living in a camp setting and interacting positively with other camp staff
- Good communicator with campers, staff and parents
- Ability to originate, update, and/or monitor healthcare, maintain records, implement a health plan (when applicable)
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative with regard to healthcare
- Review health forms for campers prior to their arrival at camp
- Establish health needs during camper arrival time
- Oversee overall health and well-being of campers and staff
- Medication administration
- Illness and injury management
- Overnight on-call hours
- Activate urgent care or higher level of care, if needed
- Communication with parents
- Health care documentation
Additional responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ensure each staff member and camper has on file a health history and examination form, as required.
- Set up and run a system of health screenings for arriving campers and staff
- Organize all camper medications and set up “dispensing system” with medication binders with instructions.
- Conduct inventory of supplies and place orders when necessary, ensuring timely arrival of supplies.
- Establish and follow appropriate medical routines including record keeping in daily medical log, disposal of medical waste, managing and safeguarding medications, and utilizing approved standing orders.
- Make appointments, when necessary, with medical/dental offices in the local community.
- Check, maintain, and issue first aid kits when needed.
- Participate in and lead specific areas of staff training pertaining to camp health and safety.
- Keep accident/incident reports that can be used for risk-management assessment.
- Be a medical resource that would bridge the gap between basic medical knowledge and calling 911.
Please send resumes to Ken Cotton at firstname.lastname@example.org.