Camp Bauercrest is an overnight sports camp for Jewish boys` located on the shores of Lake Attitash in Amesbury, Massachusetts. Since 1931, Bauercrest has helped boys build self-esteem and independence, both on and off the the field, under the guidance and leadership of a dedicated staff. The Head counselors are responsible for managing and supporting a designated group counselors and campers. The Head Counselors are members of the Senior Leadership Team and will provide input on campers, staff and camp activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred in relevant area of study.
- Previous camp staff experience, preferably in an administrative or supervisory role
- Ability to provide supervision and guidance to a young developing staff.
- Experience working with and ability to form positive connections with campers and staff between the ages of 7 and 22.
- Strong communication skills with both groups and individuals
- Highly efficient, flexible, reflective and organized
- Team player
- Coaching experience preferred
Salary, Benefits, and Expectations
- While camp is in session (6/17/19 – 8/15/19), Head Counselors live on camp full-time with the exception of one 36-hour day off per week
- During pre-season (5/1/19 – 6/16/19), the Head Counselor will work ten hours per week on projects as assigned by the Director
- Full room and board and laundry is provided while camp is in session
- Salary- $1,000-$1,500/week depending on experience.
- Camp Director
- Contact staff members who will be under direct supervision prior to the start of camp
- Coordinate with Camp Director and other senior staff to develop Staff Training Week
- In Season
Provide supervision, coaching, and evaluation of bunk counselors in their daily duties to help create the most positive experience for campers.
- Lead selected presentations as determined by Director during Staff Training Week
- Visit with campers and counselors daily, offering hands-on supervision and ensuring connections are being made
- Work with necessary personnel to create a positive experience for all campers
- Keep Director informed of situations that required attention and all actions taken
- Assist in making the camp atmosphere psychologically safe for both campers and counselors
- Be concerned for and attentive to the health, safety, and general welfare of campers and counselors
- Recognize and respond to teachable moments with campers and counselors
- Model and encourage respect
- Ensure no camper is being left out by promoting healthy relationships among campers and counselors
- Conduct formal evaluation of counselors midway through and at the end of the summer
- Collaborate with Group Leaders, Program Director, and Camp Director in the development, planning, and execution of various daily and special event programming
- Supervise the daily clean-up of bunks
- Partner with Group Leaders, Elective Heads, and bunk counselors to deliver an engaging and safe program to all campers
- Help facilitate evening activates
Click here to apply.